The Student News Site of Vel Phillips Memorial

Sword & Shield

Sword & Shield

Sword & Shield

June Special Edition Editor’s Note: Goodbye Spartans!

As this school year comes to a close, I’d like to thank the Sword and Shield team, along with the yearbook team, for all their hard work this year. We have had a wonderful year at the Sword and Shield, and I am so grateful to all of the editors and writers for their dedication. I can not recommend writing for the Sword and Shield enough. It has allowed me to gain a passion for writing and develop my skills as a journalist. Because of this, I will be majoring in journalism next year at UW-Madison and I could not be more excited. I would also like to thank Mrs. Parris Ford for all of her support and enthusiasm. I have been so lucky to work with her on both the Sword and Shield and the yearbook and I wish her all the best in your next chapter of life. Furthermore, I am so excited to see the 2024-2025 Sword and Shield staff succeed and I know they will continue to create amazing issues. While we all move on to new things, it is important to think back on your last four years. We all have made so many friends and memories that are important to cherish and hold onto. I wish everyone the best of luck and I am excited to see the amazing things that the VPM Class of 2024 will accomplish. #WeAreVPM